Sourdough Starter: 1 C.
Cornmeal: 1 C.
Raw Milk: 1 C.
Flour**: 1 C.
Raw Honey: 2 Tbl.
Eggs: 2 ea.
Butter, melted: 1/2 C.
Baking Powder: 2 tsp.
Sea Salt: 1 tsp.
- Combine the starter, cornmeal, milk and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
- When ready to proceed, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Using a whisk, beat the eggs, butter and honey together until the mixture becomes light and foamy, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the baking powder and salt over the cornmeal mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Add the egg mixture and fold in until evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8” cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or just until cooked through.
*The recipe can be modified by replacing the sourdough starter with ½ C. of water kefir & increasing the flour by ½ C.
**Recipe works equally well with wheat, spelt or einkorn flour.