Yield: 2 ½ dozen
Soaked Walnuts or Pecans: ½ C.
Cultured Butter: 1 C. + 2 Tbl.
Powdered Sugar: 2 C.
Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp.
Sea Salt: ½ tsp.
Sprouted Flour: 1 ¾ C.
- Place 4 Tbl. of butter in a small saucepot and place over medium heat.
- Cook the butter until the milk solids become a light brown and the butter smells nutty.
- Remove from the heat and set aside. Cool to room temperature before using.
- Place the nuts and 1 C. of powdered sugar into a food processor fitted with a blade attachment.
- Pulse the mixture until the nuts form small pieces.
- Place the butter (both melted & unmelted), salt and vanilla into the processor and blend until the mixture lightens in color and is completely blended.
- Add the flour to the processor and pulse to combine.
- Scrape the dough into a bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour before proceeding. At this point, the dough can be refrigerated for 3 days, or frozen for 1 month if tightly wrapped.
- Once chilled portion the dough into roughly 1 Tbl. portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet, allowing at least 1” space between.
- Place into a preheated 350° oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies just begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- After cooling, sprinkle the remaining 1 C. of powdered sugar over the cookies to taste. You may not use all of the sugar.