Look no further!
With these recipes, discover the joy of eating nutritious, tasty foods that are always gluten-free and grain-free .
Learn to make salads that eat like a meal in themselves, protein-rich breakfast foods that will keep your energy balanced, and yummy superfood snacks for when you’re on the go.
When looking over the recipes, the following is a given:
• I use organic produce, herbs and spices to the best of my abilities
• I use locally-grown produce as it’s available
• I use organic, free-range or wild-caught eggs and animal proteins
• Salt is always some type of sea salt
• If I’m using any variety of cultured dairy, it is usually prepared at home– yogurt , kefir , soft cheeses —this is not mandatory, but it makes for a very nutritious selection that I know is full of healthy flora
• Any milk is organic and raw—if you are not inclined to use this yourself, please do use organic and full-fat. And more often than not, I use goat milk
• Raw nuts are organic as often as possible, and have been soaked and dehydrated at 100 degrees—you can use raw nuts that have just been soaked and not dehydrated, but their texture will be moist and chewy, rather than crunchy
• When using stevia as a sweetener, my preferred variety is the concentrated powder, which you can find at Trader Joe’s, or most any natural foods’ store
• When using honey , I use local and raw
I hope these ideas inspire you and give you direction on making healthier foods in your own home.
Change them as needed to fit your taste preferences, or stay true to the ingredients listed to try something new.
Whatever your choice, keep this saying in mind:“Make every fork-full as nutritious as it can be!”
To help you along, I’ve included links to some of my favorite sources to help you find farmers and stores close to you.
Have fun, be creative and enjoy the process! Bon appetit!
Recipes to Enjoy
Savory, Smoky Grain-Free Meatballs
Squash and Turkey Bacon Hash
Baked Cultured Tarragon Chicken
Cousin Dee’s Sweet Potato Pancakes
Sprouted and Dehydrated Quinoa Flour
Sprouted Quinoa Bread
Chicken and Chevre Salad on Mixed Greens
Grilled Nicoise Salad
Cabbage and Turkey Bacon Slaw
Coconut Fish with Braised Vegetables
Coconut Flour Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing
The Dehydrator and Its Many Wonderful Ways