Water Kefir: 3 C., divided
Apples*: 2 medium
Ginger, chopped: 1 ½ Tbl.
- Roughly chop the apples (no need to peel if well scrubbed) and place in a blender.
- Add the ginger root and 1 C. of the water kefir.
- Blend until combined.
- Pour into a ½ gal. mason jar and add remaining water kefir.
- Cover tightly with a lid and allow to sit at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- After fermenting for 2-3 days, strain the mixture into a new bottle or jar, pressing on the solids to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Refrigerate and consume within 7 days for best flavor profile.
*Any combination of apples &/or pears can be used for this recipe.