Water Kefir*: 1 Qt.
Gelatin**: 1 ½ Tbl.
Sucanat: 2 Tbl.
- Measure ½ cup of water kefir into a small saucepot.
- Pour the remaining water kefir into a glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water kefir and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to allow gelatin to bloom.
- Once the gelatin has bloomed, add the sucanat to the mixture and place the mixture over medium-low heat.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin and sucanat have dissolved.
- Once the gelatin and sucanat have dissolved, whisk the mixture into the reserved water kefir.
- Once completely combined, refrigerate at least 4 hours to set.
*Use a flavored second ferment for this recipe. The version pictured was made with a cherry/elderberry flavor.
**Use a high quality grass-fed gelatin, such as Great Lakes brand.