Yield: 1 doz.
Wheat Bran*: 1 ½ C.
Flour**: 1 C.
Water Kefir: 1 C.
Raw Milk: ⅓ C.
Coconut Oil or Ghee: ⅓ C.
Sucanat: ¼ C.
Egg: 1 ea.
Orange: 1 ea.
Baking Powder: 1 ½ tsp.
Baking Soda: 1 ½ tsp.
Sea Salt: ½ tsp.
Vanilla: 2 tsp.
Cinnamon: ½ tsp.
Mixed Fruit***: 1 C.
- Combine the bran, flour and water kefir in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and set aside for 24 hours at room temperature.
- After the mixture has sat for 24 hours, proceed with the recipe.
- Juice and zest the orange and add this and the milk to flour mixture.
- Melt the ghee/oil.
- Combine the butter/oil with the remaining ingredients and stir into the flour mixture until completely combined.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and divide the batter evenly.
- Place into a preheated 425° oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
*I use the bran that I sift from freshly milled flour
**Any flour (wheat, spelt, emmer, etc.) of your choice may be used
***I use a mix of fresh & dried fruit